Crafted from striking Rogue Royal red marble, this original early Victorian chimneypiece has a strong and simple form and was reclaimed from the London Oratory, in Knightsbridge.
This famous Roman Catholic church was built between 1880 and 1884. It is the church of the Congregation of the Oratory of Saint Philip Neri. It is the second-largest Catholic church in London, with a nave exceeding in width even that of St Paul's Cathedral
The top of each jamb as punctuated with black Belgian marble details.
Gently restored and ready for installation, this grand and imposing fireplace stands on substantial foot blocks and offers an original period feature piece for an interior renovation.
Shelf: 169cm Wide x 29cm Deep
Overall Height: 116cm
Opening: 92 High x 90cm Wide
Legs: 26cm Wide
Dimensions are approximate