An exceptional set of entranceway doors in bronze and mahogany. These original doors were reclaimed from an early twentieth century building at 120 Fenchurch Street, in the City of London, an area which was popular with shipping merchants and traders. This particular building was built between 1921-23 to design of the architects E Stones and W Gilbee Scott, to house the headquarters of the Cory Lighterage Company who operated a large number of ships barges from the Thames docks. The doors were the centrepiece of an elaborate portland stone facade which has since sadly been demolished.These spectacular and impressive doors have been created from solid mahogany, but the front is clad entirely in bronze. The doors feature a central emblem of three flaming torches on a laurel wreath.
102 inches wide x 134 inches high x 2.5 inches thick
Dimensions are approximate.